Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Random inspirations.....

I remember looking out my window as the storm pounded the roof. I remember thinking that the rain used to hold such promise for me. A promise of hope, of new beginnings and fresh starts. I watched as the water lashed at my windows and saw headlights turn the corner and slow.

My heart fluttered in my chest when the car pulled into my driveway. My hands were shaking, and it seemed the rest of me was paralyzed. The car door opened to reveal her, the one person I could always count on.

Blondish brown hair hung in her eyes. I watched her stand beside her car, waiting...for me. She wore a pair of red converse, black slacks, with a white button down shirt. Somehow she didn't notice the rain that drenched her. She just stood there smiling, knowing I had seen her through my window.

I rushed outside to greet her.

Only then did she move towards me.

"It's storming." She said. "I'm wearing my best shoes." Her quirky smile nearly made me melt.

I looked down at myself and gestured, "I am NOT wearing my best shoes." I turned and ran back into the house, put on my purple converse and ran back outside.

"That's better." She grinned and took my hand. "Let's dance."

I flung my arms around her neck and pulled her to me. "I will dance with you anytime, anywhere. With my best shoes on unashamed."

I didn't care if the neighbors were watching, it didn't matter if the world could see us. All that mattered was that she was there as she always promised. The music played as we laughed and danced......

Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick!
The one that makes me scream she said,
the one that makes me laugh she said,
and threw her arms around my neck.....

---The Cure

2 comments:

Margo Moon said...

Wow. Thanks for trusting enough to show us this, Frannie. The new shoes - what perfect pitch there.

Impressed the heck out of me.

frannie said...

Aww...that means alot coming from you Margo. Sometimes I just gotta write what's coming out ya know?

Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to hear from you.